How to naviagte

Navigate through my work using the numerically ordered 'labels'. The 'labels' can be found listed on the right hand side of this blog.

Tuesday 2 April 2013

Long Neck Music Logo

I really like Long Neck's logo. I like the clever simplicity of it. My interpretation of the design does not work anywhere near as well as the original does. This is most likely due to the simple fact griffin's aren't designed with long necks, whereas giraffes most certainly are. In addition, the first thing you see in the original image is the base of the note, and then your eye follows down to read 'LONG NECK MUSIC'. It's only upon second glance do you notice the giraffes head at the top of the music note. 

I think the font works well with the image. Despite the logo being entirely monochrome, it still contrasts with the music note. In addition, the bold 'LONG NECK' contrasts with the 'MUSIC', which draws attention to it despite it being of less impact. 

No comments:

Post a Comment